Wednesday, June 21, 2006

in response to some comments

I don't think it's all satan. For those like me, you know how our parents are. "Be strong" they tell us. We're expected to be a foundation for everything, to be a symbol of excellence for the family. I'm tired of carrying that expectation. Those expectations are like a speaker with too much current flow. You overdrive it and eventually, it'll break. And well, I'm overdriven and I'm tired. Stop expecting more than what I'm capable of handling. Don't tell me it's all Satan. Yeah, he probably has something to do with it, but much of what I think about is a derivation of what I'm expected to act and be like. How can I do that and stay sane? I have enough stress here. Don't force me to stretch like that... because I will snap. I've been snapping, I was just taught to hide it well.

1 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya man. Being the oldest son is different from the rest. Even though i got an older sister, I still have that higher expectation. I believe that it comes from the fact that our generation was blessed with the opportunity to be living here in the states. Which is why, at least my mom, they push us much harder. Well that's just me talking. Hope you find some peace of mind soon, you're a good friend even though we hardly talk, but hey it happens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home