Monday, July 04, 2005

Independence Day Celebrations

I spent most of today sleeping actually. I guess I was really tired. I wasn't sure why. I got back home at a decent hour (around 4-ish in the afternoon) that sunday, so I don't know why. Anyway, I got up around 2:00pm today and just farted around. Rachael & Natalie (the dynamic duo) showed up around 5 and we made smoothies, fried rice, and some bbq'd chicken. We had some interesting smoothie combinations (strawberry/mango/pineapple, kiwi/banana - not so good, and mango/banana/pineapple). Then we went out and picked up Sam, with all of our food at Rachael's house. We ate the food and went out to watch the fireworks! That was exciting. Zay called right when the fireworks started and I got even more excited cuz she doesn't usually call on Mondays :-D and I kinda like her too... ^_^

I tried sending her a few pictures of the fireworks, but I don't know if they ever went through. It was kewl though cuz we were pretty close to where they were setting them off. Loud, bright, and pretty they were. I was kinda disappointed at the Finale though. It wasn't what I expected, not nearly as extravagant. Anyway, during the fireworks, I got to thinking. How much do we take our freedoms for granted? I mean, I don't know about anybody else, but I do a lot. It's not that I forget that there are people dieing for this country, but I just... don't think about it. It may be different because I'm not originally from the States but I grew up here. So I'd like to think that I know this culture pretty well. Anyway, I'm not sure where I was going with that. After the fireworks show, we all hung out and went to Steak & Shake for root beer floats... we were all craving it oddly enough. Anyway, I just got back from all that stuff and I'm pretty pooped now, so I'm gonna crash on my bed now. Maybe I'll wake up late again, who knows? :-D

Cau!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home