Wednesday, June 15, 2005

An Update? Whaaa?

Yeah, I know, it's crazy isn't it? All this time I've spent in Tulsa, Oklahoma and I've finally gotten internet access to my apartment. Well, I can't say that it's been an easy year here in what I would consider a very foreign and most definitely unenchanting area of the United States (although, I have thoroughly enjoyed the sunsets here, whenever I can have time to see them).

I remember when I first arrived here in Tulsa with my parents. I remember seeing the Main campus of Spartan and thinking, that's it? Nowadays I'm content with the majority of my education here. I'm supposed to be learning how to be a technician. Really, they're just teaching us the watered down engineering version. I'd like for them to go deeper and get into the engineering, but I don't think that'd be fair to the students who are here to learn to be techs. Honestly, I do prefer designing rather than troubleshooting and repair. The class I'm in now (the one that is almost over) is Amplifiers. Turns out Doug Clarke, the instructor for the class, was a student at Spartan back in the day. Now he teaches Amps and E-Com (Electronic Communications). Fortunately for me, he's teaching E-Com next term after the summer "break."

Clarke has a strange way of teaching, but I love it cuz he makes you learn the theory by practical application. In other words, for Amps... we had to build a guitar amplifier that could drive a 6x9 car stereo speaker. I got mine working fairly well. I'll try to get a picture of the ghastly circuitry on the bredboard tomorrow and post a link to it. Just to let you guys see what it looks like. I didn't really try to make it look neat... so it's a pretty messy circuit in practice. That link above is the amplifier schematic. Clarke wants me to build an EQ to go with it and I only have a week to do it... fun times huh? hehe.

Anyway, so classes are going well. I'm learning plenty about Amps... and there's sure plenty to learn about them. I'm excited to go home though. The last day of class is the 23rd of June, which is only a week away. Our last day, we're going to the park and having a grill party. It'll be a nice kick-off to the summer break. I'm definitely looking forward to just going home and relaxing. Plus I get to see Frankie & Anna get married AND I get to see Zay :-D that makes me happy. I wish I could get see her more often but there's not a lot that I can do about that. I'm just thankful for the times when I do have the chance to see her.

Well, I think I've written enough. I may have to change a few things on here just to liven things up a bit though. Anyway, good night. Bonsoir!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home