Thursday, June 10, 2004

rain, my thinking cap

so it's raining. it's been raining pretty much all day. i don't mind the rain... actually, i love when it rains, even if it's cold and nasty. it never fails to put me either in a reflective mood or just calms me down and makes me slow down. it was kinda both of those today. i've been so busy with work and such that i was just heading for a breakdown. i'm glad it rained. it let me reflect and see where i am emotionally, physically, and mentally.

it's been crazy this week with all this work... some days i just want to stop working and take the whole day off and just sleep and/or relax... better yet, talk to zay. she's busier than i am though. and, if i'm not careful, she may come back after the summer stronger than me :-P -- how crazy would that be? anyway, i saw an interracial couple today at the restaurant job and it made me think of zay and i was like "well dang." i moved on, but it just seems to get harder everyday. blah. it doesn't really help that i have 64 days left until i leave for spartan... and i may not be able to come visit ever. stupid... it gets frustrating, it really does -- but it has to be this way... no matter how much i hate it or fight against it, everything's set in motion. what happens next isn't my call. it never has been. God's doing something in both our lives and is changing/teaching us to better us as individuals -- to make us more like jars of clay. still hard, but i know she's praying for me and i pray for her - so that really helps.

anyway, i think i'm boring all of you with my rant now... i just needed to let some frustration out.

Days to Spartan: 64

1 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. what do we do we swim, swim, swim, swim...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home