Tuesday, June 08, 2004

eh?

so i'm not really sure why i'm still up... i think a part of it is because it's way too hot to be getting any sleep and second, i'm just not really sleepy although i realize that if i don't sleep... i'll regret it tomorrow morning.

in other news, i was taught a good lesson in service. let other people serve you too and be grateful. it happened when i had ordered my dinner at the restaurant job and got a soup. usually, we pour our own soup since it's right there and it's our job anyway. but, one of my co-workers got there first and asked, "can i serve you?" naturally, i was kinda confused at first and my first reaction was "no," but something inside me said, let them... it's good for you. and there you have it. it served as a two-fold lesson. 1 - serving one another isn't service until you both serve and 2 - don't be too prideful to let someone else serve you or help you out. just good reminders for me since i seem to have a pride and humility issue. :)

on a sweeter note, i may have a chance to get a new car. maybe. who knows? Lord willing, it'll be a new 5spd civic, but i'll wait and see. i still have to figure out how i'm going to pay for the czech trip. as of right now, i definitely don't have enough to pay for it myself... and i'm not sure where to get any sponsorship for the trip... blah, well... i have to trust God on this one. not that i didn't before but much moreso now, just cuz... i can't pay any of it.

Days to Spartan: 65

2 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger ashley said...

I think Jesus told us to wash each other's feet not only because he wanted us to be servants, but he wanted us to know how to be served as well. :-) I hate that Taylor won't allow foot-washing at the freshmen welcomings anymore.

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!!!!! Good for you. i'm so proud. and it was a good reminder for me, too. one of my roommates is really fast at getting things done and then she tries to help whoever is still getting stuff together, and sometimes it bothers me cuz i just want to do it myself. but thanks for the reminder to be humble enough and not be too proud to let others help. God bless and see you before you know it! ...this is zay, by the way. i'm not starting a blog thingy to post a comment and i don't know how to do it any other way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home