Sunday, May 23, 2004

blog purpose

i don't think i ever clarified why i decided to have a blog. as many of you know, i will not be returning to Taylor nor will i be staying in wheaton for a tenure of at least two years. by choice or by fate, i do not know which because i believe they are interchangeable - to be honest, i credit it to God since i believe Him to be omniscient and omnipotent.

i'll be living in Tulsa, Oklahoma at the Spartan School of Aeronautics starting in August. there, i will complete what needs to be done and move on with my life. i may, or may not, return to wheaton. that is all dependent on what God deems necessary to happen in my life over the course of two years. i can tell you honestly, at this stage in my life, i will not be returning when i leave.

as it so happens, God has taught me a lot about myself this last spring semester as i took it off to work and save money for my time at spartan. i've learned probably quite a bit more than i ever really expected to.

so many of you never really knew me, and for that i apologize. i had always meant to get to know everyone i could. i would have loved to spend time late at night talking, sharing, crying, laughing, comforting, and the list goes on. however insignificant my presence was during my stay at taylor and anywhere else, know that i took to heart your concerns, requests, prayers, and presence.

it is because of this, that i chose to create a blog. i did not want the concerns or worries directed at me and for me, so i chose a somewhat indirect path. this blog is to serve as a gateway to where i am and what i'm up to. this is your window to me, as it were. if you so feel led, please, by all means, leave a comment. if not, that is fine as well.

with that said, pay no attention to the randomness that will frequently occur and the sarcasm. they are as much a part of me as a petal to a flower. so here it is - my blog. your window. my space to vent, talk, cry, share prayers, rejoice, praise answered prayer, and on it goes.

-peak

Days to Spartan: 83

1 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger FJ said...

alas, I remember when you used to go to bed before I did! Then... your late conversations turned that table right around, and suddenly I was the early to bed guy (not that 1-2am was early :) )
So glad something is working out, and I hope everything works out well for you. (And that Zay will be ok and happy ;))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home